Have a Glance of What SEO is all about (to get the basic idea)
Getting Targeted Traffic: Getting traffic is one of the most important aspects that one considers while going for SEO. As SEO revolves completely around getting more sale and profits so targeted traffic plays an important role to run any business that want to survive in long run.
Have an excellent market for desired customers: If anyone wants to sell their product globally then there cannot be any place as ease and profitable as internet. But to be in search of the users one need SEO for their sites, that can make them visible to users and get them desired profits.
Enhancing Visibility in Search Engines: If one’s site is visible in popular search engines especially on the top of front page then there is no doubt that he will be getting surplus amount of traffic on his site. Further, converting this large traffic to profit in business depends on your site service. The better the service, more will be the profit.
Basic SEO Terms That Every Beginners Should Know
Basic SEO Terms That Every Beginners Should Know
- Search Engine Optimization(SEO) : It is generally termed as the collective effort that one puts in optimizing a site or a blog whether it may be in terms of Ranking or gaining traffic. The major SEO techniques are On Page Optimization and Off Page Optimization.
- On Page SEO: This is the generally the work that is carried out on the web pages taking in consideration mostly for the targeted audience and a less for search engines.
Things to give importance while working On page:
H1, H2 tags
- Off page SEO: It’s the work that is generally carried out in order to bring site on top ranking and get good response from users. It does not involve any work on the site.
General Off Page SEO techniques are:
Promoting on Social Networks
Ppt, pdf and video for promotion
- Link Building: Creating blogs and
articles that link to your website in order to increase traffic and enhances
its ranking in search engines.
- SERPs: It stands for Search Engine Result Page. When a user enters any specific keyword in google for search, then it results in number of sites being listed each with their title, description and website-link. This is termed as SERPs.
- Backlink: If a website have a link on any of its page to your website then it will be called as a back link for your site and simply a “link“ to the site from where you have received that link. Back links are important in order to improve website page ranks.
tags: This is mostly used when we are using images in our site. Some
browsers may create problem while loading images at certain time. For that
case Alt tag become helpful to describe the search engine about the image.
- Page Rank(P.R.) : Google keeps on checking the performance of sites that are indexed and rank them on 10 based on its importance and popularity. The general logic behind improving the page rank is – if your site gets a back link from other site of high P.R. then some proportion of page rank will be diverted towards your site( if the source site allows for it i.e. “do follow” link). The more back link one gets from high P.R. sites, the greater will be the P.R. of the site.
- Link Farm : Link farm was popular some years ago. In this process group of sites with the intension to increase each other page rank use to give back link to each other site and get a back link from them in return. This technique was a part of SEO some years ago, now it’s a top level spamming technique that can lead to high penalization of your site.
- Sandbox: When a new website is created then it is not directly placed in search results for related queries instead there is a separate index place called sandbox where all the new sites are placed. Once Google verifies that it is a trusted website then it is moved in main index where it starts getting into search results.
- No Follow: This is generally performed by the site owner if they don’t want to give link to the site that is endorsed in its site. By giving a “No Follow” it signifies to Google that it is not going to give its link to that site which may have came from comments, blog posting or from any advertisers site. No Follow does not count for page rank improvement of the source site.
- Google’s Search Algorithm: It’s the algorithm that is followed by Google in order to find most relevant pages for any desired keyword search that is fetch from user. Google considers near about 180+ different aspects which includes sites title, description, page rank, back links, contents of the site, bounce rate, age of the site and several others to place the site in search result.
- Robort.txt: It is a type of file that is generally located in the root of the domain site, its main purpose is to inform search engine bots about the structure of the site. By using it we can manage the visibility of one or the other page of our site in the search engine. For example if we don’t want one of the page of our site to be indexed by search engine, it can be done from here.